Wednesday, February 18, 2009

DINKS again...

well, jeff and I are now "double income no kids" for the second time in our short but o so sweet married life so far. i've just been offered and accepted a position with the Atlanta Women's Foundation as the executive assistant/board liaison to the CEO. I'm so excited! I'll start on march 2nd and will the complete my five month sabbatical from working. the break has been SO GOOD and needed and i'm really thankful for it. Thankful to my hardworking and understanding husband who has been nothing but grateful to me for what i've done around the house while he's at work. It has been nice and i'll miss not having two hours if i want it to cook dinner with new and somewhat complicated and time consuming recipes, working in the yard all day if i want to, having the house all clean and straightened, being home with the dogs who follow me around from room to room, hanging out with my friends who are moms during the day, and being with my sister who lives with us and is home during the day sometimes, etc. etc. But, it's so worth it for our future planning AND i got a job that i will really enjoy, learn from, and maybe even go somewhere with! i feel very blessed.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations, pal! I think this is the one you wanted- which is great! I will miss talking to you midday on a Tuesday, but I know this is good stuff for y'all.

Alina Stefanescu Coryell said...

Hi Faye! I'm so glad you like my blog. :) It's a fun kind of in-between-moments-home-with-kiddos thing to do. Give Clare a hug from me.
As for Orthodoxy, is your husband Greek, Russian, or Romanian? I'm sure it can be overwhelming and kooky for you at times. Poor Patrick was a little spooked when they chanted the "exorcisms" at Micah's baptism. I love that we attend a non-denominational church most of the time and the Orthodox Church for major feasts. Christian is Christian to me, though I think Orthodoxy does a better job of filling one with a sense of the sacred than mainstream Protestantism. But, of course, I'm biased. :)
It's so nice to meet you and hear from you. Congratulations on your new job-- it sounds exciting, one of those opportunities to learn SO much. If you'd like to email me, (I'd love to hear about your impressions of Orthodoxy )just drop a line to alina.coryell@gmail.com. Best to you, your man, and your doggies.